.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 08, 2005

 

I wonder if my Licence Plate will Survive

Some of you may not know this, but my brandy new car was violated. They took the licence plate right off her, defiled by their dirty little hands. I held her for a long while, soothing her pain, I let her know I was there for her. We got her a new licence plate, and I'm going to try and get special plastic bolts that are much more difficult to take off. I havn't named her yet, I'm sure she and I will come to some mutually agreed appellation.

I'm pretty close to 600 klicks right now, I am getting to know the city a lot better. Oh and Moxies is across from Superstore, not by it. The sign is obscured by BPs when travelling down on the left side of Calgary Trail, so four quick lanes of traffic later, I now will never forget where that particular establishment is.

Went to see Crash. I enjoyed the movie at all the wrong spots apparently. Its supposed to be an emotional rollercoaster, highlighting the obvious racist undertones that breed in America, and more specifically their sprawling megacities. I had to laugh though, mostly because everything was so belivable. Sure it was hyperbolized for dramatic effect, but by how much? Minority profiling is huge, both in affirmative action and the opposite: wide eyed racism. As a recruiter, I know how VITAL it is to make sure we have more minorities, more Aboriginals, and more women. Thankfully, unlike some of the US gov't systems, we will not sacrifice quality for minority. Right now about 1 in 8 military folk are women, according my Boss Boss (Chief of Defence Staff) that is much too low. Thankfully I do not make policy, and thus do not have to worry about such things. I follow the party line and remain, as ever, a happy cog.

We're currently looking for CF doctors, so if you have your BSc, you can sign up with us. I think you need uncoditional acceptance into a Med School before we give you money though. We also pay for residence...or something. The doctor stuff you have to do before you are a Doctor doctor.

I am trying to learn how to cook. I'm baffling my mom and Carol alike. Both in my interest and my complete ignorance in the Awesome World of the culinary arts. You know me, I love the arts, oh boy do I ever. So the weekends of August will be spent trying to aquire some basic knowledge in some key food prep areas. Making hamburger type meals, cooking a ham, maybe cutlets and what not. If I learn how to make Creamed Chicken, I could make "ku-lash-a" (note:phonetic spelling as its a ukrainian word and our alphabet is simply not up to the task of dealing with the Cryillic one) which is simply awesome. I doubt I will ever be a good cook, or even a fair cook, I will endevour to be a sustainable cook. I hate feeling unable to do something, so Cooking will be my next task to learn. This and learning to clean my car.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?